At West Hoppyland the choice of activities is endless. You can simply enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside or do something more adventurous.
The lodges are an excellent starting point for many beautiful and varied walks, especially through the forest.Why not take the time to stop and view the glorious scenery while enjoying a picnic?
* Excellent varieties of fishing is available in well stocked nearby reservoirs and lakes, as well as the rivers Tees and Wear (pictured above).
* Observe wild birds in their natural habitats, including meadow, moorland and woodland.
* Mountain biking has become very popular in Hamsterley Forest. With its miles of dedicated tracks including The Skills Loop and Extreme Descend it is one of the leading venues in Europe.There is something for every ability. Cycle hire is available from "Wood N Wheels" www.woodnwheels.co.uk
Also see our local Mountain Biking Group, The Hamsterley Trail Blazers, to visit their website, click HERE
* The Forestry Commission have a "What's On" leaflet which lists lots of interesting activities organized within the forest. www.forestry.gov.uk/northeastengland
* An excellent 18 hole Golf course is situated nearby at Barnard Castle, and also in Bishop Auckland.
* And for a really fun day drop into "Wet'n'Wild" near the Tyne Tunnel, the ultimate swimming fun park for the whole family.
* For dining out there are many highly recommended local pubs and restaurants, both in Hamsterley and in the surrounding villages.
There are many more activities available, let us know your interests and we will be happy to provide information.